Monday, February 11, 2008

Jack Rabbit Training session #2

We did a 5-mile loop of Prospect Park, not my favorite route, but it gets the job done. The 5-mile loop is actually the regular 3.4 mile loop only you cut across a transverse and double back to add an extra little 1.7 mile loop. It's that doubling back that I don't love. I ran a little faster than I should have, about a 9:02 pace. I was running with someone speedy, and once I get going at a good pace, I hate to slow down. So I huffed and puffed on the hill, but it was do-able.


I talked with a coach for a little while about my form. For some reason, after I ran NYC, I started feeling like I was running on my toes, or at least on ball of my foot as opposed to the mid-foot where you're supposed to land. I really don't know why this happened, but it's definitely become a bad habbit. When I try adjusting my stride, it feels strange. But this landing the ball of my foot is giving me tight calves, and I know in the long run, it'll start doing damage. So coach Danny gave me some pointers, and I'll be working on it.


Here is a picture of a woman with pretty good form (the "form analyzer" just wants to change the red lines and angles to the green):

Here is a picture of me in the NYC Marathon, sometime after mile 23:

Not too bad.. Here is a picutre of Paula Radcliffe, winner of the 2007 NYC Marathon:


She is seriously flying...

Yeah so, I have some work to do on my form.

No comments: