Thursday, February 21, 2008

A few goals for the Brooklyn Half

This afternoon, I logged another 4.5 miles for the week, and I started to think about this half-marathon I'm training for and what might be a realistic goal. I looked at some pace calculators and such, and I also thought back to the first time I ran the Brooklyn Half - almost 2 years ago. I realized that I have a goal I want to accomplish this year that is equally, if not more, important than my time and pace. This time around, I would like to remain upright at the finish line. Worthy goal, no?

So yes, my first trip from Coney Island to Prospect Park ended with a rolling motion, not typically seen at finish lines. It certainly made for interesting photos:
picture 1: spreadeagle
picture 2: brush it off, brush it off

I can't post the actual photos because I didn't want to pay the arm and a leg Brightroom charges, but it's worth it to click on the links. The photographer really captured the moment well, including the embarassed "I'm ok, I'm ok!" smile afterwards. I also love the guy swerving to avoid me.

So at this year's Brooklyn Half, I'm aiming for something more like the pic below (minus the soaking wet saggy shirt). You'd never know I had a mediocre race on one of the crappiest race courses ever (sorry Queens). It's all about the pictures.


No comments: