Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Training Update:

with pictures and everything:

  • 3 weeks ago: 18 miles on the always impeccably maintained Delaware Canal Towpath

  • 2 weeks ago: 22 miles from Prospect Park over the Brooklyn Bridge up the Westside Highway to 125th...and back.
  • lots of pacing work with some hills thrown in for good measure.
  • last week: successfully avoided running the Queens Half Marathon :), partly because:

  • this week: I've been laid up for a couple days with a killer cold, and my body seems to think I'm tapering because I'm getting all these weird aches and pains in my legs.
  • Next up:
  • next week: NYRR 18 mile Marathon Tune-Up Run. As much as I want to shun NYRR, I will run this event and...
  • in 2 weeks: Grete's Great Gallop. That makes a total of 31 miles in Central Park over the next 2 weeks. I'm really looking forward to aquainting myself with every crack, crevice, bump, ditch, and pile of horse poo.
  • in 3 weeks: The Staten Island Half - a decent course that starts at a decent time, with lots of parking!
  • in 4 weeks - a Cape Cod wedding! Margaret and I ran our first marathon together, and now she's tying the knot. She's one of my favorite people in the world, and we couldn't be happier for her and her lucky fiance.

  • in 5 weeks: MARINE CORPS MARATHON 2009!

and finally, we will get our weekends back!

No comments: