Sunday, March 30, 2008

Why blog?

Well post numero uno explained why I'm blogging - Running has enriched my life 100-fold, blogging in turn enriches my running, and readers, hopefully, will take something away from it all as well. That, and I'm a little narcissistic.

One more reason? From the NY Times (again!): Reason No. 92: Book Deal. Highly unlikely in my case, but good for Christian Lander, the founder of the blog Stuff White People Like, who signed $300,000 book deal.

Or not. From the New York Observer: My Book Deal Ruined My Life. Yikes.

Still the blog book deal remains a Top 5 Blog Fantasy!

3 comments:

Robert W. said...

Very, very cool. Thanks for e-mailing me about your blog.

Not only have I been really enjoying it (and gone back to read your earlier posts), you've inspired me to try this blogging thing myself.

I'm looking forward to reading Luis' too.

SDrunner said...

This is ironic because my friend told me about that Stuff White People Like blog and I found the list to be pretty funny. The thing is, he doesn't really read blogs so another friend of his probably told him about it. It just shows how the power of the internet can spread fast..

Dawn said...

Robert - So glad you like! I will be sure to check out your blog and post a link!

Trail running - it's crazy, right? that thing spread like a virus!