Monday, March 31, 2008

Summer Plans

If you need to reach me anytime between May and November, you'll most likely find me running in the park.

I'm all signed up to mentor for Team in Training for the Nike Women's Half-Marathon in San Francisco, and I just applied to run the New York City Marathon again with Team Reeve. I don't have official confirmation about Team Reeve yet, but I think they'll take me back again this year. I know, I know, I'm a two-timing good cause whore...

Team in Training has a special place in my life, because they are the ones who got me into this long-distance running thing. And because I've met some of the best people in the world through this program. I won't be fundraising this year, but I'll be volunteering as a mentor for new participants.

Team Reeve, however, is my heart. Because it's for my dad. He was in a car accident in '94 that left him C-4 quadriplegic. The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation has been such a ray of hope in our lives, and I'm honored beyond words to run in support of such a wonderful foundation and in honor of my pa. I have a personal goal of raising $10,000 for them!


Looks like the lazy days of summer won't be so lazy this year, but it's all good...

2 comments:

Bob said...

thanks da
love, pa

Dawn said...

But of course, pa! I got confirmation from Team Reeve today - I'm in!